QuickBooks is so popular and is the number one software when it comes to accounting or bookkeeping. The reason behind QuickBooks being on the top is the kind of features, functions, and service that it provides to the users.
Now if you talk about the services the company rolls out regular updates in order to be relevant to the current workings of the market or if the government is changing any kind of rules in the accounting or the financing sector. You can also talk to the customer representatives at QuickBooks Customer Support Number.
Talking about the kind of features that the accounting software has is so useful that even if you are new to software or accounting and if you give some time to learn the software it can prove to be so useful and easy to work with.
One of the many functions or features of the software is that you can merge accounts and also QuickBooks helps you to merge suppliers, clients, and vendors which can be very useful for a bookkeeper to track the number of transactions happening in the organization.
In this post, we will learn the detailed steps on How to merge Suppliers, Clients, and Vendors in QuickBooks. So please read the whole post very carefully cause this will be very helpful for the accounting of your organization.
How to merge customers in QuickBooks
Here’s how you can merge the clients that you work with please read the following steps very carefully:
- Choose the Customer menu, and after that choose the ‘Customer Centre’.
- Please note the name of the customer that you would like to keep.
- Now click on the name of the customer that you would like to merge, then choose the option ‘Edit Customer’.
- Replace the customer name with the one you took note (Step2), then choose OK.
- Now a pop up will appear, choose Yes to go ahead with the merge.
How to merge Suppliers in QuickBooks
To merge suppliers in your QuickBooks accounting software you just need to follow these means:
- Go to the Merge Suppliers window.
- If you are using QuickBooks Desktop Accountant Edition then go to the given Accountant menu, choose ‘Client Data Review’, and then choose ‘Merge Suppliers’.
- If you are using QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise from the Company menu, choose Accounting tools, and after that choose ‘Merge Suppliers’.
- Now on the Merge Suppliers window, choose the suppliers that you want to be merged with and then simply choose Next.
- Now choose a Master Supplier, and then tap on Merge.
- Click Yes on the confirmation prompt, then choose OK on the Merge Complete window.
How to merge Vendors in QuickBooks
Please follow the given steps in order to merge your vendors in QuickBooks:
- If you are using QuickBooks Desktop Accountant Edition from the Accountant menu after that choose Client Data Review, and after that choose the Merge Vendors.
- If you are using QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise: From the Company menu, choose Accounting tools, then choose Merge Vendors.
- Now on the Merge Vendors window, choose the vendors that need to be merged then confirm it by tapping on Next.
- Now you need to select a Master Vendor, then tap on Merge.
- Hit yes on the confirmation prompt, and then choose OK on the Merge Complete window.
These are the steps that you can merge your vendors on the QuickBooks Desktop 2019 and for the users who are using the 2018 or below version of the QuickBooks Desktop.
- Choose the Vendors menu, then tap on the Vendor Center.
- Please make a note or copy the name of the vendor that you would like to keep.
- Now click on the name of the vendor that you would like to merge, then choose the option ‘Edit Vendor’.
- Replace the vendor name with the one you took note of or copied earlier, then choose OK.
- A popup will appear, choose Yes to proceed with the merge.
Now if you’ve given this post article a careful read then you will find out that there are utmost similarities in merging vendors and merging suppliers but there are few things that make them so different from each other.
In conclusion, if you are looking to merge Suppliers, Customers, and Vendors in your QuickBooks software all you need to do is to just give this post a careful read and you’ll be able to merge it successfully. However if you are not able to merge it and if you have some confusion you can talk to our QuickBooks Technicians that are there available for you at QuickBooks Customer Support. Hope this post helps you to merge in your favorite accounting software that is QuickBooks Desktop.