Is it important to redesign a site? What points must be considered? Check here!
Table of Contents
Website redesigning: all you need to know
So, it’s been a while now since you created your website, and it seems to you that it’s time to consider something new. You no longer like your site, it no longer corresponds to your company, or you do not get the results you expect. In short, you want freshness and changes but also better performance. What do you need? Launch a web redesign.
Making the decision to redo your website is done after careful consideration. It involves energy, time, and costs. Guys from SECL informed us about all the details of the process.
In general, restyling or remodeling your website means taking over its design, ergonomics, and/or content completely (or partially) to make it more efficient and adapted to your current situation.
The extent of the Internet redesign will vary, depending on the degree of satisfaction (or dissatisfaction!) with your existing site: this will be determined methodologically, thanks to a detailed analysis of the latter.
The first question to ask is certainly that of the appropriateness of a website redesign, at the time. Is it wise to redo my website now?
What are the reasons that can justify a site remake?
Here are some excellent reasons to embark on a site remodeling:
- My site no longer seems to be in tune with the times: its design is old-fashioned, as if from another era, and honestly, it negatively impacts my image.
- The platform disappoints me in terms of performance: it receives few visits, its bounce rate is unfortunately at its highest, and as for the conversion rate, it does not satisfy me at all.
- My platform is difficult to manage: at the time of creation, I chose a service provider, which no longer suits me today, the administration of my pages is complicated, and I would like to gain practicality and ease.
- The resource is invisible: the referencing of my pages is not optimized, so much so that my site does not appear in a good position on the keywords related to my industry.
- My site seems boring to me: it doesn’t make a difference and doesn’t allow me to stand out from my competitors.
If you have one or more of these reasons, it is, indeed, time to venture on the captivating road to website redesign.
How to succeed in your site redesign?
In our opinion, the first secret of a successful web redesign is the drafting of a specification. This clear and accurate document will allow you to outline the guidelines of your new site and provide you with a tangible vision of your digital project.
The specifications of your site redesign will be composed as follows:
- Definition of your needs and resources.
- Audit of the current site.
- Content SEO optimization.
- Graphic charter of your future site.
- Choosing the solution to remodel your site (web agency, freelance, CMS, or website builders).
Remaking your website: what are your problems?
This first step will probably result from your prior dissatisfaction. Indeed, your web objectives will certainly correspond to the shortcomings and flaws of your current site:
- “Design” problem: the appearance of your site will be completely revisited to lead to a modern, attractive, ergonomic aspect, and above all, fully corresponding to your current situation.
- “Web marketing” problem: is your site losing speed, or has it never achieved the results you hoped for? It is possible to optimize your marketing performance.
- “Management” problem: you have crazy trouble updating your site, either because the tool you use is not functional or because your provider is not responsive. It may be time to change your service offer to redesign your site!
- “SEO” problem: do you lack traffic, and your site needs visits? It is on referencing that we must act!
- “Brand identity” problem: if your site does not highlight your brand enough to your liking, you must start with a reflection on your branding and on the application of techniques to improve your digital identity.
You are ready to restyle your website. You now know where you are going, and you are ultra-motivated. Next, we’ll describe the points to focus on and the stages.
Keep the powerful elements of your current site
There are necessarily some elements of your old site that you want to change or completely preserve.
Sort between what you like or think is efficient in your existing site and what you think needs to be improved.
Look carefully at the statistics related to your site: if you notice that some pages are much visited or that they generate more engagement, it’s because they are efficient! So, why put them to waste? Let’s keep them!
Just because you are embarking on the total redesign of your website does not mean you necessarily have to start completely from scratch: your existing site certainly has strengths, identify them, and keep them!
The different stages of remodeling a website
Once we have decided on the specifications for the web redesign and have a precise idea of what we want to put in place, we can start the restyling.
- We start with developing a model, i.e., a prototype of the future site, which we design on graphic design software, such as Photoshop.
- Then, we proceed with the integration, i.e., the creation of the web pages properly.
- Then, we simply add the content (images, videos, texts, widgets, icons, buttons, etc.).
- Finally, we conscientiously take care of SEO optimization.
- And finally, we carry out the last tests before going online to make sure that everything is in place.
So, now you know how to make your site better! If you don’t want to do it yourself, you can always hire a professional team: experienced guys are guaranteed to make everything perfect!