When it comes to special holidays and celebratory events, presentation is everything. Having a fully stocked selection of serveware available for a variety of purposes means you’ll always be prepared to host on a dime. Save yourself the running around by keeping all the basics close at hand for the unannounced house guest or last-minute party.
Your serveware should complement any event or season, so you can use it again and again. That’s why stainless steel is your best friend for any occasion. The enduring material is built to last and goes with anything. It has other perks, too. Below are more reasons why we love it.
Stainless steel is one of the most durable materials on the market. It won’t crack, break, or shatter like glass or ceramics, making it perfect for serving a large group. No matter how big the plate or pot, you can drop or mishandle stainless steel, and it stands the test of time.
- It’s resistant to rust, corrosion, and scraping, unlike a cast iron skillet or copper serveware.
- It does not react to acidic sauces or deteriorate if left out for some time.
- It withstands frequent washing and doesn’t necessarily need to be dried right afterward, decreasing your workload during large social events.
Stainless steel is non-porous, meaning you can put basically anything in it, and it will return to its normal state. Its long-lasting nature makes it a cost-effective investment for serveware.
Easy to Wash
Not only is stainless steel resistant to frequent washing, it’s easy to wash. You can use a metal scrubber to get it clean, and it won’t scrape or ruin. You can use soap, soak it for days in the sink, or even run it through the dishwasher, and no harm will be done. Stainless steel is easy to keep clean because:
- It has a notoriously smooth surface, and any residue tends to come off easily.
- It’s not an easy material to stick to, so it rinses off well after use.
- Any spills or splatters can be wiped off in a breeze.
Just give your favorite serveware a gentle polish with a dish towel after cleaning, and it will appear sparkly-clean for the next big event.
Stainless steel is quite trendy now. Many homeowners have installed stainless steel appliances in their home because it looks great and it’s easy to clean. Purchasing stainless steel serveware will complement your home since it has a sleek appearance and goes with anything.
- You can match your stainless steel serveware with any centerpiece, tablecloth, or napkin combination.
- Serving bowls and platters come in a variety of shapes and forms to fit your style and dining aesthetic.
- It looks sophisticated on the countertop, bar, or table, no matter the occasion.
It lasts forever, and it looks good. What more could you ask for?
Easy to Match
Stocking up on stainless steel serveware has another amazing benefit – it’s easy to match with other surrounding items. From cutlery to a glass vase, stainless steel serveware goes with anything. Its silver appearance won’t clash with your color scheme, and looks fancy. Its neutral color allows your tablecloth and napkins to become the focal point of your setting.
Neutral tones never go out of style, and neither does stainless steel.
One of the huge benefits of stainless steel is that it can go straight from the oven to your table after it cools. Your serveware will easily handle high temperatures without changing form. Here are some ways you can keep it simple using stainless:
- Perfect for making sauces, you can use a small stainless steel pot and put it right on the table with a matching ladle for serving.
- Keep your garlic bread warm on a stainless steel platter that you keep warm in the oven and bring right to the counter to serve when ready.
- Use a stainless steel bowl to serve vegetables or pasta and retain the heat.
For serving hot dishes or grilling at home, it’s the perfect vessel. It transitions well from outdoor to indoor environments of any temperature.
No Staining or Food Odor
Some serveware materials, such as cast iron and carbon steel, require seasoning and can carry savory or sweet tastes and odors from a meal long after it has been enjoyed. This is not true for stainless steel.
- Stainless steel is not prone to staining or retaining the odors of previous meals, making it ideal for serving any dish.
- There’s no need to differentiate between serveware if you are worried about flavors carrying into the next meal.
- You won’t be scraping off residue from past culinary creations.
Strong odors and flavors from vinegar reduction sauces or fried fish can linger long after they are enjoyed. Stainless steel is the best material for keeping each flavor to itself as you transition between sweet and savory meals with ease.
Sure, your stainless steel serveware will have a long lifespan. But what if you tire of it? We have good news. It’s fully recyclable, making it one of the most sustainable choices for table decor and serving meals. Recycling it is easy.
- Find a nearby recycling center or metal scrap yard that accepts stainless steel, or donate your serveware so someone else can use it.
- If you recycle it, the metal will be melted down to produce new stainless steel items and appliances.
- Some facilities even pay you for your stainless steel donations.
It’s simple to drop it off, and you can rest easy knowing that it will be used again.
Because of its durable nature, you don’t need to worry about storing your stainless steel in prime kitchen real estate. You can keep it deep in the cupboard or cabinet or even in basement storage as long as it remains dry. Here are some other perks:
- Stainless steel serveware is often crafted with easy holes and hooks for hanging.
- Its resistance to scratches and dents makes it easy to pull in and out without worrying about damage.
- Bowls, measuring cups, pots, and dishes are often easily stacked together, meaning they will take up minimal space in your kitchen.
If you buy your stainless steel serveware as a set, the pots and dishes typically nest, hang, or stack together in a manageable way.
Cook and Serve in Style
Now that you’ve discovered why we love stainless steel, we hope you’ll love it, too! It’s the most practical way to go from oven to table, and it looks great with everything. Invest in stainless steel to cook and serve in style for years to come!