SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization. This process includes a set of measures to optimize the site to increase traffic from search results by improving positions for keywords. Entrepreneurs can learn more about SEO, for example, by applying the link www.digital-muscle.com.au. The optimization process is technically quite complex. Therefore, such operations are best left to qualified professionals. visit here
What is Website Promotion in Simple Terms?
Online users regularly apply to search engines. They type particular requests on such platforms. The task of the web crawlers is to show online pages that correspond as closely as possible to the entered phrase or word. The search engines analyze information on available websites to do this. For a particular site to best match a certain query, it should involve content that coincides with the subject of the search phrase or word. visit here
Each online platform is created based on a specific HTML code. The latter may contain redundant elements. Sometimes this happens, for example, when creating a web page using site builders. The more unnecessary elements are included in the platform code, the more difficult it’s to analyze the website’s content for the search engine.
Thus, SEO specialists have to optimize information on a site as accurately as possible. At the same time, the data should be easily accessible to the web crawlers. The latter is about the optimization of the HTML code of the online page. Moreover, the SEO specialists frequently organize marketing campaigns on the Internet within the website promotion.
Search Engine Optimization Phases
Website promotion is a cyclical process. As part of SEO, IT employees regularly study the search algorithm updates and optimize the content of a site according to innovations that have been discovered. In general, the promotion of online platforms involves the following steps:
- Preparations -this mainly includes competitors’ website analysis.
- Technical website optimization – the IT employees, e.g., improve the HTML code within this stage. It’s like making a foundation for active as well as successful promotion.
- Publishing the right content on the site – the SEO specialists create unique texts and fulfill the platform with original images.
- Advertising (or external optimization) – this includes the placement of backlinks of the promoted website on third-party resources. The stage helps to enhance and consolidate the achieved effect.
- Tracking the results – the IT employees analyze the results as well as make changes (if necessary).
The above algorithm is very simplified. Entrepreneurs may apply this sequence to understand the main SEO features. More detailed descriptions of these phases they can find below.
Preparation Stage of SEO
As a part of this step, IT employees analyze the attendance. The site downloading speed is one of the most important features here. According to research, 40% of potential clients close the page if its loading time is over 3-5 seconds. The slow platform operation may be connected, for example, to low hosting capacity. Furthermore, SEO specialists:
- Form a semantic core – this includes the collection and analysis of keywords that competitors are promoting. This is an opportunity to create semantic cores for the customer sites superficially. Additionally, it’s an outstanding possibility to search for goods or services in demand but absent in assortments of the platform.
- Study the structure of the competitors’ sites – it allows the IT employees to understand which landing pages are the most attractive in terms of increasing traffic as well as grasp the hierarchy, nesting levels, and display of these web sheets in the main navigation menu.
- Research the landing page structure on the rivals’ websites – by studying the information blocks represented on the web sheet, the SEO specialists can understand what improves the relevance level.
- Study the content (text and images) on the competitors’ sites – it allows the analysts to grasp what volume and structure of the articles best meet the users’ needs. This information is used in terms of reference creating as well as writing content.
In addition, the SEO specialists study competitors’ link profiles. They research reference types, donor domains, anchor lists, and similar parameters. That allows the development of a link-building strategy for the customers’ sites.
Technical Website Optimization
The IT employees visualize the desired platforms’ landing pages, the hierarchy of these web sheets (nesting levels), and their links. So, they usually change the current structure. It helps to cover all the necessary keywords by creating landing pages.
Moreover, the SEO specialists conduct an audit of the website. They analyze the platform for errors as well as compliance with the requirements of the search engines to detect growth points. After that, the IT employees adjust the source code of the site pages and correct the existing content.
Publishing Useful Content on the Site
SEO specialists create a semantic core that corresponds to the search phrases within which the platform is being promoted. Then based on this kernel, they make a technical task for copywriters and content managers.
External Website Optimization
The IT employees put the links that lead to the necessary platform on third-party online resources. The SEO specialists use:
- White hat optimization – it’s effective in the long run. The references that lead to the desired site are embedded naturally.
- Gray hat optimization – here, the IT employees put the links less subtly (in any news articles or catalogs as well as on different forums). This has the results faster.
- Black hat optimization – weaknesses of external platforms are used here. This method has an effect in the short term. But the risk of getting into the search filter increases within applying this variant of the external promotion.
The entrepreneurs can learn more about off-page optimization, for example, by visiting the Digital Muscle Limited website.
Tracking the Results of SEO
IT employees conduct web analytics to check the effect of the performed promotion operations. This stage includes tracking the position of the desired site in the search results and detecting new technical errors. Platform ranking analysis is carried out at regular intervals. This helps to study the dynamics of search traffic in more detail. The new technical errors are investigated and fixed as the SEO specialists discover them.